About REDI Engineering, Inc.
About REDI Engineering, Inc.
Research Engineering Development Investigations (REDI)
At REDI, we take great pride in the variety of work and the quality of our personal services to local clients. In fact, we are extremely proud to say we are the first engineering company based in Columbus, Nebraska since the days of the Rural Electrification Act of 1935. Our ties to this community continue to grow stronger every year, and we are pleased to have worked on so many projects in the area.
The great thing about the creativity and versatility of our engineers is that we are able to take on projects large and small in a variety of fields, including civil, mechanical and forensic engineering. Regardless of the type of project, our process is the same: get to know you and build a strong working relationship so we can solve problems easier, exchange knowledge more efficiently and provide clear insight into the workings of our engineering systems. Our clients benefit greatly from our experience and our client-centric approach to engineering.
We also make our skilled engineers available to be used as expert witnesses in cases where industry knowledge is pivotal. Our ability to explain even the more complex issues of a given project in layman’s terms makes us a tremendous help during litigation.
Give us a call today if you’re looking for an engineer to assist you with your next project. When you call, you’ll get to talk to an engineer right away, and will even be able to set up a site inspection within days. Let us help you solve your engineering challenges.
Accessibility & Availability
- We return your calls
- Talk to an engineer when you call
- Can perform site inspection within days of receiving assignment
- Available to discuss your project
- Flexible: will rearrange our schedule to meet with you
- Work with you to get the information you need
- Tell you what you need to know, not what you want to hear
- Help you understand the technical issues
- Provide candid opinions
- Ability to teach
- Comfortable giving presentations
- Able to tell a story or paint a picture
- Able to use demonstratives to explain complex matters simply
- Easy to work with
- Smart but not arrogant
- Work product is written to be understood by a layperson.
- Reports are well written and thought out with reasons supporting conclusions or recommendations.
- Opinions, recommendations, or conclusions are supported with facts and peer-reviewed literature
Fees & Billing
- Reasonable billing
- Flexible fees
- Provides cost estimates
- Rates commensurate with work assignment
- Listen to build trust and earn the right to offer solutions
- Probe for clarification
- Summarize well
President | Owner
John likes figuring out the math behind physical and scientific principles. Before going into engineering, he studied mathematics, physics, and speech. He likes knowing why things work.
John Thomazin is the founder of REDI Engineering, Inc. He is the company’s principle provider of engineering services, and he also works as an adjunct engineering instructor. Prior to starting REDI Engineering, Inc. in 2006, he worked for Behlen Manufacturing and a diverse group of other companies throughout the United States. Since 1994, he has accumulated engineering experience in areas ranging from software development, product development, and building evaluation, to forensic engineering.
He enjoys entrepreneurship, camping, fishing with his children, and an occasional round of golf. Raised on a Nebraska farm and an alumnus of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, John has a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics and a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering. He obtained his professional engineering license in 2003.